Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Personal Message from Tony Mandarich

Billy Mays died a few weeks ago. I found out from Tony Mandarich... which I find incredibly odd. I remember Mandarich from the cover of SI way back in '89 or '90. I remember the article included his grocery shopping list (very big). For some reason, I seem to recall that he ate the entire banana output of Belize on a daily basis. I also remember my coach telling me Tony Mandarich anecdotes to get us pumped up for a big game.

And then I stopped playing football. So did Tony... and he dropped out of sight for a long time.

Now, through the mysteries of the Intarwebs and spam, I get a personalized message from him to tell me that Billy Mays has died.

Like I said, odd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home